Where is your money going? (2)
IF YOU SPENT MONEY TO CHARITY YOU WANT IT TO BE WELL SPENT, ISN’T IT?
A while ago we told you about the first charity we support, now it’s time for our second;
DEEPWAVE THE ORGANISATION FOR MARINE CONSERVATION
Our Earth is a planet of water: 60 percent of the surface belongs to the high- and deepsea. This ecosystem is the largest realm on earth for millions of plants and animals, a major force in global climate dynamics. It is also a rich area for food production and a resource for the growing demands of the increasing world population.
However, the oceans are under strong attack: daily, pollution and mismanagement of resources threaten the fragile balance of this unique biotope. Only with united conservation efforts on a national and international level can this environmental degradation of the high seas be stopped.
For these reasons, the initiative DEEPWAVE was founded in the spring of 2003 in order to develop and enforce environmental means to protect the ecosystem of the high- and deep-sea.
DEEPWAVE is dedicated to the protection and restoration of marine ecosystems and the species they sustain, through the development of innovative technologies, and conservation action based on scientific developments.
- Enhance awareness for marine environmental threats
- Exert pressure on political parties in order to develop further solutions.
- Spread the scientific results of environmental research.
- Give an organisational framework & platform for information & opinion on marine conservational issues.
- Promotes scientific studies.
- Manages public relations and transfer of information.
- Cooperates with other non-governmental organisations.
Now go on and check out their website and see what more Deepwave is doing to make sure our oceans are clean and safe for everyone; Deepwave